One of the many things you can add to your skin care is a nice facial massage. This process has been practiced for thousands of years and as such, several techniques and practices have been developed. But the most prominent tools used in facial massage are the facial roller and Gua Sha sculpting tool. Perfected throughout the centuries, these facial massager was built to have a cooling, soothing effect on skin. They both are made from jade stone traditionally and are commonly used for spa-level as well as at-home facial massages.
Now you might be thinking, which one is for me?
Don't worry, we are about to break down all the details and show you the differences between these two, so you can choose the one best suits your need, or you might just want to make both a staple in your skin care routine.
Jade Roller Explained
Jade rollers have quickly become one of the trendiest facial tools in the world of Instagram. What you may not know is jade roller is actually a type of gua sha tool which is used to make the practice easier to perform. The jade roller helps apply gentle stimulation to the face and increasing blood flow to skin, thereby helping the lymphatic system.
The Jade facial roller is used in an outward and upward motion, mostly around the eye area to help with dark circles and puffiness. This tool and technique is a lot more simpler than Gua Sha, but still provides benefits for your skin health. Jade roller is the perfect tool if you’re tight on time, need a quick morning pick-me-up. Jade roller is also very useful if you're one that travels often gets puffy from jet lag and dehydration
Benefits of Jade Roller
· Decreasing puffiness (especially around the eye area!)
· Waking up a tired complexion
· Increasing blood flow to feed skin from within
· Encouraging circulation and product absorption
· Tightening and tone skin
Gua Sha Explained
We’ll give it to you straight words with Gua Sha: you’re going to get all of the same beauty benefits as jade roller. But! Because Gua Sha is more targeted and takes a bit more intention, the results from Gua Sha are even more transformative than jade roller!
Gua Sha is a healing technique of traditional Chinese medicinal that used on the body to alleviate muscle pain and body inflammations. The version of facial Gua Sha that’s swiftly gaining popularity is much gentler than the traditional version done on the body, you can find an in-depth explanation about how to use Gua Sha on face from our previous post.
Benefits of Gua Sha
· Promoting lymphatic drainage in the face
· Calming and reducing inflammation
· Providing relief to tension in the facial muscle
· Restoring mobility and elasticity in the tissue
· Decreasing discoloration from acne scarring
· Reducing fine lines and wrinkles
· Increasing circulation + collagen production
· A seriously healthy glow!
Gua Sha is one of my favorite facial massage tools, as I've seen it has the most significant effect on the face and skin, check our previous post After 30 Days of Gua Sha Routine - Here's What Happened if you want to learn more about the results of Gua Sha. Gua Sha can be used to help people who has jaw tension or suffer from headache as well.
How to Use the Jade Roller and Gua Sha In Your Skin Care Routine
· Do your facial muscles feel tense or stressed, then Gua Sha is what you need.
· Do your eyes feel puffy? Then the facial roller will help you with that
· For those of you with time on your hands, then Gua Sha is highly recommended.
· For a combination of these ailments use the Gua Sha for the lower part if your face and the roller for the eye region.
As the final step in your skincare routine (after applying your face oil), incorporate light, downward strokes to drain, detoxify and depuff; and gentle, upward strokes to lift, firm and tighten. And used in harmony with oils and serums for added penetration and absorption deeper into the skin. Shop our La Coéss REVITALISÉ Nutrient Organic Face Oil here to have a chance win a pure White Jade Facial Gua Sha Tool!
So, there you go! Gua Sha vs jade roller.
Both facial tools have their own well-deserved place in our skincare routine for a healthy glowing skin. What facial tools are your favorite? What benefits have you experienced? Tell us in the comments below!